Computational Many Body Theory
This lecture will be given by Professor Pavarini.
- Fermi gas and liquid
- quantum statistics
- second quantization
- Green functions
- linear response theory
- applications from nuclear or condensed matter physics
For further information, please refer to the corresponding website.
Specific learning goal:
Understanding of basic notions of quantum theory of many particles and its their implementation in practical simulations.
General leaning goal:
Ability to explain and discuss the solution to the exercises in class. Using the computer as a problem-solving tool (scripting/plotting)
- A.L. Fetter and J.D. Walecka: Quantum Theory of Many-Particle Systems, Dover, 2003
- H. Bruus and K. Flensberg: Many-Body Quantum Theory, Oxford., 2004
- W. Nolting and W.D. Brewer: Fundamentals of Many-Body Physics, Springer, 2009
- E.Pavarini, E.Koch, F.Anders, and M.Jarrell: From Models to Materials, FZ-Jülich, 2012
For more details, you can refer to the university calender:
|Thurs. 9.30am - 11.45am||GRS Lecture Room Jülich (2009)||27.04.2017 - 27.07.2017 (11 dates)|
|Thurs. 2.45pm - 4.15pm||GRS Lecture Room Jülich (2009)||28.04.2017 - 28.07.2017 (11 dates)|