The lecture will be given by Professor Koch
The following detailed description along with organizational issues can be found on the corresponding website
- Atoms and transition metal ions
- Adding angular momenta
- Relativistic corrections
- Many-electrons: mean-field approximation
- Numerical solution of the radial Schrödinger equation
- Many-electrons: second quantization
- Atomic multiplets
- Exchange mechanisms
- Hubbard and Heisenberg model, Mott transition
- Crystal field theory
Specialized learning goals:
- Understanding the effects of electron correlation in finite systems and of the methods for their efficient simulation.
General learning goals:
- Planning and managing of a small scientific software project.
- Presentation and discussion of the results.
For the time schedule, you can also refer to the university calendar:
|Thurs. 9.30am - 12.00pm||GRS Lecture Hall, Jülich||09.04.2015 (12 dates)|